5 Ways To Use Lavender For Sleep
Lavender is one of the most amazing herbs on this planet and if you aren’t using it to help you with your sleep improvement and if you aren’t using Lavender for sleep then you’re definitely missing out.
What is Lavender?
Lavender is a small aromatic evergreen shrub of the mint family, with narrow leaves and bluish-purple flowers. Lavender has been widely used in perfumery and medicine since ancient times. It has a soft and sweet fragrance. It was originally found in the Mediterranean, the Middle East and in Asia.
Lavender has many benefits but today I am going to only focus on how this natural remedy can improve the quality of your sleep. How to use actually use lavender for sleep? Lavender slows down brain waves which will help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. This amazing plant also reduces stress and anxiety with its other therapeutic properties.
Here are the Top 5 ways to use lavender for sleep Improvement
1. The Essential Oil of Lavender: Using this oil in a diffuser while relaxing before bed does wonders to calm your nerves and relax your muscles. Deep breathing while using a diffuser increases the effects.
2. Lavender Tea: If you weren’t sure if we could ingest lavender, Great news, we can. If you have an upset tummy before bed that is causing you to stay awake, grab a cup, it helps with nausea, vomiting, intestinal gas, and abdominal swelling.
3. Lavender Body Lotion: One of my favorites. I love the smell of lavender, I use it when I’m making my body washes, shampoos/conditioners, and body lotion. In addition to its therapeutic fragrance, lavender can also help with skin health, Because of its antibacterial properties, it can help with acne flair ups, soothe eczema, moisturize dry skin, and reduces wrinkles.
4. Take A Lavender Bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water, add your favorite bubble bath or lavender bar soap and put a few drops of lavender oil into your bathwater, light a couple candles, and gently deep yourself into the water. Enjoy the healing powers of the water and the aromatherapy of the lavender.
5. The Lavender Pillow: You can make or buy a lavender oil spray to apply to your pillow front and back. Enough that you can smell the scent. The spray is made from lavender oil and water mostly.
The other way is making a lavender pillow using leaves or powder I haven’t tried this method but it’s on my list of things to do. If you have made or bought a lavender pillow please share your experience below.
Hope you found this article on using lavender for sleep helpful on your journey to improving your sleep. Sometimes it does feel like a journey but I’m here to help you out.
Please share, like, or comment below and check out 8 Fun Ways To Exercise